I found this beautiful linen at Okadaya the other day and absoutlely could not wait to make something from it. I ended up with a beautiful little dress and a little boxy pouch. I have attempted clothing before but none has really come out the right size or it just ended up being too wonky to put on my child. But finally I have something worthy of being worn! I am so excited with the way it came out. The funny thing is that I did not follow the patterns directions. I wasn’t thrilled with the way they constructed the bodice it was a bit long and confusing. So instead of the many many steps they required I just faced the lining to the front and back pieces respectively then stitched along the neck and arm holes then turned it right side out faced the front and back pieces to eachother and stitched up the sides. It just seemed easier and more logical to me.

I really love this fabric!

Advertisements